Thank you for considering ProBill as a potential employer.
ProBill HR Department
Phone: 800-377-8721 ext. 295
ProBill is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a flexible work schedule and competitive benefits.
Provides exceptional customer service support in researching and resolving billing issues for all patients and/ or clients.
1. Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
2. Communicate with patient, collection agencies and insurance companies regarding financial resources, eligibility for coverage, status and basis of charges, payment requirements, payment plans, collections, and related matters via telephone and/or mail.
3. Reviews, verifies, obtains and corrects patient financial status and payor source information.
4. Ensure the delivery of effective and efficient quality customer service to our clients/patients.
5. Initiates and/or implements corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
6. Receives, processes and verifies the accuracy of payor source information through various applications.
7. Reviews billing documentation: researches and resolves missing or conflicting information that would prevent accurate, prompt claim billing.
8. Work as part a team and prepare and mail claims from the weekly claim run, auto, workers’ comp, and secondary claims.
9. Prepare and mail appeals to insurance companies as needed for payment.
10. Evaluate charity applications and hardship requests and adjust accounts as instructed.
11. Research bad address accounts to obtain correct patient address
12. Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations.
13. Work as a team to complete daily tasks to meet designated departmental goals.
14. Required to learn other job functions to assist other departments with their goal.
1. Ability to identify problems and report issues to manager within a timely manner.
2. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time to perform repetitious tasks.
3. Ability to analyze and interpret data with minimal supervision
4. Ability to cope in a fast pace, multi-functioning environment.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Proficient in English and Spanish.
3. Ability to consistently and accurately type 55 wpm.
4. Experienced in the use of personal computers and office automation in a Windows environment and/or other systems and applications as required.
5. One-year experience in medical office, billing/collection functions, or comparable customer service related position required, with at least six months of insurance experience.
6. Previous experience of third-party payors and ICD9/ICD10 codes desirable.
7. Knowledgeable of basic medical terminology.
8. Dependability, flexibility, and teamwork required.
9. Effective organizational and communication skills in English and Spanish.
10. Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent ProBill at all times.
11. Must be comfortable functioning in a collaborative, leadership environment.